Wednesday, January 29, 2014

African American Orphaned Photos Part #4

This post is the continuance of the African American Photos I purchased on Ebay a few years ago. The majority of the photos were taken in Chicago, Illinois and some other areas in Chicago. I am hoping that someone recognizes the faces of these individuals.  Many do not have any names.  Some have writing but may be hard to make out.  If you have any clues or can make out some words that I don't catch, please by all means let me know.  Most of the photos were taken in the 1920's.  There are a few from the 1940's.

I hope that the descendants will discover this post so that I may one day reunite them with these wonderful photos.  



Chicago, Illinois
1923
No Identification

Beautiful African American Family posing.  The gentleman is in other photos, and I feel as though this was his collection.
Mrs. Olden
1924
3947 ?  St. Louis
I love her outfit




Mrs. Lyles
1920


Mrs. Lyles appears to be holding a dog.  There is a clothes line behind her, and possibly a house to the left.  She is wearing a hat and her summer dress.
Isn't she Lovely?
No date or identification.

? Bagneldom 1940


Capital Jefferson City
1940



Chicago
1926




Kenneth ?



If you can make out the last name, please let me know.
St. Louis, MO
1922

Wonderful picture of possibly 3 generations
The back of the photo has Cook as the last name

14 comments:

  1. I absolutely love these photos!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Olden's first name is Elizabeth, acording to the 1920 Federal Census; she a native of South Carolina and born in 1884; she's living at 3969 Finney Avenue in St. Louis, on the second floor with her husband "Patyon", aged 48 and her sister Edna Johnson, aged 20. Her husband Payton, a native of Tennessee who worked as a laborer in an office building died of TB in St. Louis on January 31, 1926, according to the death cert; I haven't anything else on Elizabeth, but there is a death cert for a Lizzie Olden in Lexington, Mo.; she died there October 25, 1946 at the age of 82. The death certs are on line at http://www.sos.mo.gov. As for your picture of Kenneth, I am going to hazard a guess and say "Avery". Thanks for posting these wonderful pictures and best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Reginald. I am familiar with the MO site for death, birth, and marriage certificates. Thank you for listing. I appreciate your detective work as, my goal is to get the out in the public. I have so many more photos in boxes, researching would take lots of time...I will do a repost on Mrs. Olden. My father was raised in St. Louis, MO...however these individuals were a generation older than him. Thank you again for all your help!

      Delete
  3. It's nice that you are attempting to connect these photos with their rightful owners!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be so thrilled when it happens. I pray that one day photos of my ancestors come to me...and I also hope the descendants get blessed with these.

      Delete
  4. I wish I recognized someone. Beautiful photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful service you provide Yvette, I hope these photos find their way home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With a few clues that I just received...I think they are getting closer to where they belong.

      Delete
  6. BEAUTIFUL pics Vette! I have this same "kinship" with orphaned Rensler images from Cincinnati, Ohio. Are you also adding them to any lost image repositories for possible cross-identification? And you need our AAGSAR Community Badge shining!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Luckie! I have not added them to any lost image repositories. It would be great to know about those. And of course, I will put the AAGSAR Community Badge on my wall. Thank you!!!

      Delete