Friday, January 17, 2014

African American Orphaned Photos Part #2

This is part #2 of the African American Photos that I purchased on Ebay. These photos appear to have been peeled out of a photo album with black pages.  Most have no identification, however, I hope that someone recognizes the individuals in them.  Some of the writing that does identify individuals are hard to read and some of the photos are fading.  I had to try to sharpen the photos or darken so that the faces could be seen.  Please don't hesitate to let me know if you know anyone or can send me clues.  I would love to reunite the photos to the family.  Most of the photos were taken in Chicago, Illinois in the 1920's-1930's.


1926
Chicago, Illinos

Chicago in 1922
John J?ge [Jeorge?]





Please let me know what you think the last name is on the photo for John.  It looks like a Jnge or Inge or Jeorge.  Not sure...What do you think...This may allow me to identify who these photos belong to.  The picture above with the gentleman, looks like the John in this photo.  What do you think?
Chicago
1923

Chicago
1926

Chicago
1926

No marking



Man with his dog
No identification

5 comments:

  1. I think the last name is Inge, John Inge.....thank you for buying these and trying to reunite them with their descendants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for helping with the surname...I think you may be right. Will research and let you know what I come up with.

      Delete
  2. I agree, I think the last name is Inge as well. I have an Inge in the family I think but not sure if they lived in Chicago--I'll have to check. The last photo is of John Inge as well--hes dressed exactly the same as the 1st 2 photos of him, has the same cigar in his hand, and is squatting next to the same planter as the 2nd named photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa. Let me know if you come up with something. Wouldn't it be wonderful to discover he is family :-)

      Delete